Diabetes is a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar. The hormone insulin moves sugar from the blood into cells to be stored or used for energy. With diabetes, your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it does make.
There are a few different types of diabetes:
1. Type 1
2. Type 2
4. Gestational Diabetes
Following are 6 effective steps to beat diabetes:
2. Don’t stress: When people with type 2 diabetes are under mental stress, they generally experience an increase in their blood glucose levels, avoid stress.
3. Check your feet: Always cover your feet when you have diabetes. You may buy diabetic shoes and socks to cover your feet.
4. Don’t smoke: Diabetes makes you more likely to get heart disease, you definitely don’t want the extra risk that comes from smoking
5. Keep teeth healthy: Make sure to brush twice a day with a soft brush and clean between your teeth daily.
6. Check blood glucose: Self-testing your blood sugar (blood glucose) can be an important tool in managing your treatment plan and preventing diabetes