Got a cellulite? There’s an essential oil for that. Looking for natural ways to prevent stretch marks? There’s an essential oil for that. Below is an infographic by DrAxe showing how essential oils can be used to cure different skin conditions.
The following 5 essential oils help remedy a number of skin conditions — from acne to aging, dryness to oiliness. And when combined with the right carrier oils you will see absolutely amazing results.
1. Carrot Seed Essential Oil: It has a rejuvenating effect on the skin. It not only works to help smooth skin but assists with cell regeneration. For this reason, it can help to fade scars and improve the tone of aging skin.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil: It is fantastic for all skin types. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin, making it great for acne-prone skin. It is also a natural toner, decreasing the appearance of pores and evening skin tone.
3. Geranium Essential Oil: It helps regulate oil production and reduces acne breakouts. It also helps improve skin elasticity and tighten skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
4. Lavender Essential Oil: It is one I suggest no one goes without — it smells amazing, helps you relax and your body adapts to stress and has great benefits for the skin. It helps regenerate skin cells so is great for mature skin, sun spots, and scarring.
5. Rose Essential Oil: It is especially great for dry or aging skin. Researchers have found that it contains several therapeutic compounds known to promote healing, especially antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compounds. As a result, rose essential oil helps refine skin texture and tone. It can be helpful with managing skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis. Interestingly, one study even found that just inhaling rose essential oil inhibits water loss in the skin.
Latest posts by olivia (see all)
- Here We Have Everything To Know About Aroma Therapy – [An Infographic] - January 11, 2018
- 10 Powerful Vitamins For Younger Looking Skin- [An Infographic] - January 5, 2018
- 6 Ways To Improve Your Health – [An Infographic] - December 28, 2017